|Date 日期||1st May 2021 (Sat.)|
|Start Time 开始時間||0930|
|End Time 完结時間||Latest 1700|
|Start Location 起點||VRC Emerald Bay
|End Location 起點||VRC Emerald Bay
|Cost/person 每人费用*||HKD 550
|*for VRC members, additional HKD 100 for guests paid on event day via cash /FPS /PayMe|
Serious kayaking or just taking a break from the city? Come join us for a full-day exploration around
Sharp Island with passionate and very local english-speaking guides! We will check out the beaches, unique rock formations and
hunt for underwater pineapple buns at the UNESCO Geopark.
Packed lunch included.
The whole trip requires kayaking of at least 9km. Sounds like a lot but don’t worry, we break it down into many bits!
Nevertheless, only teens 14+ are allowed.
Largely ignored, Sharp Island is a pristine environment, perfect to drop in on via kayaks. Feel the rush of adventure exploring the less trodden paths on this island. Just a short hike away with negligible elevation change, be rewarded by a superb 360 degree view of Sai Kung! Try to pick out Sai Kung town from the peak and watch the ants go about doing their business from your quiet, serene viewpoint. Oh.. not to forget, Sharp Island is home to one of the unique geoparks of Hong Kong!
|0900||Check in & gear up.|
|0930||Quick briefing & launch.|
|1030||After <3km, reach Kiu Tsui Beach (behind the pier) with some juicy tidbits en route.|
|1035||Check out the UNESCO Geopark, look for pineapple buns!|
|1130||Rally & head out.|
|1200||After <2km, try to Spot the Elephant Nose, Upside down Candlestick & Dharma Cave etc etc.|
|1245||After <500m land on the back of Hap Mun Bay, lunch & chilling out!|
|1330||Hike up to the peak just above Hap Mun Bay for gorgeous 360 view.|
|1430||Rally & head out.|
|1515||After <2km look for rock carvings & fish farms.|
|1600||Paddle the last 1.5km back to VRC for some much needed high tea!|
*simply add 1 hr for those joining the 1000 am category
*timeline is an estimate only, actual times determined by group speed, weather conditions and guide
- Lunch with drink is provided. Please bring a waterproof bag with you!
- Please bring with you on your kayak some cash as well as HKID.
- You are suggested to bring water, water shoes (cover heel and toes), sunglasses (with a floating belt) and a hat.
- You may need dry clothes for changing after the event.
- Please put on sunscreen and insect repellent before the event.
- Please wear water shoes / sports shoes for the event. Flip flops are NOT recommended.
- To start the event on time, please kindly change your clothes and settle your personal belongings in advance.